Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- House Speaker Stumbo Files Bill to Prohibit Brewery-Owned Distributorships
- Paducah Riverfront Hotel Undergoes Design Changes, Delays Possible
- Local Distillery to Produce George Jones-Brand Moonshine
- Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Officials Say No Regulation for Asian Carp Harvests
Tue November 6, 2012
Datebook: November 6 - Meet the Press Debuts 65 Years Ago
NBC's Meet the Press is the longest-running TV series in American history, debuting on this day in 1947. The show interviews national leaders on issues of politics, economics, foreign policy, and other public affairs, often with two figures with opposing positions. It's also Election Day... Go rock the vote!
It’s Tuesday, November 6
The West Kentucky Community and Technical College Community Health Fair is tomorrow at the Robert Cherry Civic Center. The fair includes free screenings for blood sugar, cholesterol, and blood pressure, as well as blood typing. Services are provided by nursing students and faculty members. Hours are 9:30 to 2:30.
The Oscar Cross Boys and Girls Club of Paducah hosts its annual fundraising dinner and silent auction on Thursday at the Walker Hall Events Center. WKCTC president Dr. Barbara Veazey is the featured speaker. A reception begins at 5:30, and the dinner starts at 6. For tickets, call (270) 444-9124.
The Friends of LBL announce the Fifth Annual Land Between the Lakes Photo Contest. Cash prizes are awarded in six categories. See complete contest rules and register online at lblphotocontest.org.
Find community event details at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.