Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Fri November 23, 2012
Datebook: November 23 - Doctor Who Debuts 49 Years Ago
The trip of a lifetime began on this day in 1963, when an enigmatic time lord stepped out of a blue police box for the very first time. Doctor Who holds the Guinness Record for longest running sci-fi TV show, has had eleven incarnations of the Doctor, and a whopping total of 789 episodes. But it's ok to start with the 2005 reboot.
It’s Friday, November 23
Maiden Alley Cinema presents “The Perks of Being a Wallflower,” beginning tonight and running through December 6. The coming-of-age story, based on the best-selling novel by Stephen Chbosky, captures the dizzying highs and crushing lows of growing up. Find showtimes and ticket information at maidenalleycinema.org.
The Winterfest Christmas Festival is tomorrow in downtown Mayfield. Activities start at 2PM with Mrs. Claus’s Candy Cane Hunt, followed by visits with Santa, the lighting of the Winterfest Christmas Tree, and the Christmas parade. See details at cityofmayfield.org.
Learn more about Fibromyalgia Monday morning at 10 at the Calloway County Senior Citizens Center. Licensed Massage Therapist Molly Rogers leads the free class, which discusses coping strategies to help face the reality of living with fibromyalgia. For more information, call (270) 762-1348.
Find more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.