Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Thu November 22, 2012
Datebook: November 22 - Happy Thanksgiving!
We give thanks for the bountiful harvest on our table and the family that surrounds it. President Washington proclaimed the first nation-wide Thanksgiving celebration on Nov. 26, 1789, ""as a day of public thanksgiving and prayer to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many and signal favors of Almighty God."
It’s Thanksgiving Day, November 22
The Humane Society of Calloway County hosts an online auction featuring handmade quilts, folk art, jewelry, home décor, dog toys, autographed sports memorabilia, and more. Visit forthepets.org and follow the link to the auction. Bidding closes on December 1st at 9PM.
The Homeplace at Land Between the Lakes offers “Christmas in 1850” Saturday afternoon from 1 to 4. Visit with Santa, make homemade Christmas decorations, savor Christmas treats, and sing traditional carols. See a complete schedule of the day’s events at lbl.org.
The Graves County Child Advocacy Program is selling Kringles, 22-oz. Danish pastries filled with nuts, fruit, or gourmet filling. Pastries are $12 each, with proceeds supporting the Graves County Court-Appointed Special Advocates and Child Abuse Prevention programs. Pastries arrive on December 13thand 14th. To learn more, call (270) 251-2060.
See more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.