Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Wed November 21, 2012
Datebook: November 21 - Einstein Publishes E = mc2, 107 Years Ago
On this day in 1905 ("miracle year" of physics), Albert Einstein published "Does the Inertia of a Body Depend Upon its Energy Content?" revealing the the relationship between energy and mass, which lead to the formula E = mc2, where E is energy, m is mass, and c is the speed of light.
It’s Wednesday, November 21
The Hopkinsville Art Guild Christmas Bazaar starts Friday at the Guild Art Gallery, located in Bradford Square Mall. Work for sale includes original paintings, Christmas ornaments, cards, jewelry, pottery, and wood turnings. Hours are 10 to 6 Wednesday through Saturday and 1:30 to 5:30 on Sunday. The sale runs through December 22.
The Murray-Calloway County Hospital ALS Support Group meets this evening at 6 at the Center for Health and Wellness, located at 716 Poplar Street. For more information, call Mitzi Cathey at (270) 293-1748.
The Graves County High School Life Skills Class has prepared a cookbook titled “Appetizers, Entrées, and Desserts – The Eagles’ Way.” The cost is $10 per book. Proceeds help pay for an end-of-the-year field trip for students with special needs. To learn more, call the school at (270) 674-6242.
See more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.