Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- Murray City Council to Consider Anti-Begging Ordinance, Halfway to Downtown Park Fundraising $
- Kentuckians, Get Ready For Health Insurance Rate Hikes
- Could Rand Paul’s Struggling Presidential Bid Imperil His Senate Seat, Too?
Wed November 21, 2012
Datebook: November 21 - Einstein Publishes E = mc2, 107 Years Ago
On this day in 1905 ("miracle year" of physics), Albert Einstein published "Does the Inertia of a Body Depend Upon its Energy Content?" revealing the the relationship between energy and mass, which lead to the formula E = mc2, where E is energy, m is mass, and c is the speed of light.
It’s Wednesday, November 21
The Hopkinsville Art Guild Christmas Bazaar starts Friday at the Guild Art Gallery, located in Bradford Square Mall. Work for sale includes original paintings, Christmas ornaments, cards, jewelry, pottery, and wood turnings. Hours are 10 to 6 Wednesday through Saturday and 1:30 to 5:30 on Sunday. The sale runs through December 22.
The Murray-Calloway County Hospital ALS Support Group meets this evening at 6 at the Center for Health and Wellness, located at 716 Poplar Street. For more information, call Mitzi Cathey at (270) 293-1748.
The Graves County High School Life Skills Class has prepared a cookbook titled “Appetizers, Entrées, and Desserts – The Eagles’ Way.” The cost is $10 per book. Proceeds help pay for an end-of-the-year field trip for students with special needs. To learn more, call the school at (270) 674-6242.
See more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.