Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- Murray City Council to Consider Anti-Begging Ordinance, Halfway to Downtown Park Fundraising $
- Kentuckians, Get Ready For Health Insurance Rate Hikes
- Could Rand Paul’s Struggling Presidential Bid Imperil His Senate Seat, Too?
Tue November 20, 2012
Datebook: November 20 - Windows 1.0 Debuts 27 Years Ago
It's hard to imagine what we'd all be doing right now if Microsoft had never developed Windows (using Macs?). On this day in 1985, graphical interface Windows 1.0 launched for computers with at least 256 kB of memory. Features included a calendar, notepad, paint... and the game Reversi!
It’s Tuesday, November 20
The Nature Station at Land Between the Lakes hosts special programs at 2:15 tomorrow and Friday. Tomorrow, learn about vultures and their important role of Mother Nature’s clean-up crew. Friday, meet the Nature Station’s resident bald eagle and learn about its amazing hunting abilities. Find other upcoming programs at lbl.org.
The Pennyrile Grandparent Support Group holds a regular monthly meeting tomorrow morning at 10 at the Pennyrile Area Development District Office in Hopkinsville. For more information, call 886-9484.
Murray’s Community Thanksgiving Dinner is from 11:30 to 1 on Thanksgiving Day. All are welcome. Dinners are delivered to those unable to come to the center, and transportation is available for those who need a ride. For a delivered meal or a ride, call 753-6460. To volunteer or make a donation, call 293-9490.
Add your community events to the calendar at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.