Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Fri November 2, 2012
Datebook: November 2 - Spruce Goose Flies 65 Years Ago
The Hughes H-4 Hercules, aka the "Spruce Goose," made its first and only flight on this day in 1947. Due to wartime restrictions and weight, it was built out of wood (though it was built with birch not spruce). It's the largest flying boat ever built and has the largest wingspan of any aircraft in history. But the food on board is terrible.
It’s Friday, November 2
Broadway Church of Christ in Paducah gives away free clothing tomorrow from 10 until 1. Those in need can visit the Family Life Center, located at 2855 Broadway. For more information, call the church at (270) 443-6206.
The Humane Society of Calloway County hosts a Holiday Bazaar and Bake Sale tomorrow at the Calloway County Public Library Community Room. Proceeds from the bazaar support Humane Society services, including the Animal Assistance, Spay/Neuter Assistance, and Good Samaritan programs. The sale lasts from 9 until 2.
The Paducah Area Painters Alliance celebrates its new winter show with an open house on Sunday afternoon from 1 to 4. See new paintings and meet the local artists who created them. The winter exhibit is on display through January. The gallery is located at 124 Broadway in downtown Paducah, next to the Visitors Bureau.
Add your community events to the calendar at wkms.org.