Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri November 2, 2012
Datebook: November 2 - Spruce Goose Flies 65 Years Ago
The Hughes H-4 Hercules, aka the "Spruce Goose," made its first and only flight on this day in 1947. Due to wartime restrictions and weight, it was built out of wood (though it was built with birch not spruce). It's the largest flying boat ever built and has the largest wingspan of any aircraft in history. But the food on board is terrible.
It’s Friday, November 2
Broadway Church of Christ in Paducah gives away free clothing tomorrow from 10 until 1. Those in need can visit the Family Life Center, located at 2855 Broadway. For more information, call the church at (270) 443-6206.
The Humane Society of Calloway County hosts a Holiday Bazaar and Bake Sale tomorrow at the Calloway County Public Library Community Room. Proceeds from the bazaar support Humane Society services, including the Animal Assistance, Spay/Neuter Assistance, and Good Samaritan programs. The sale lasts from 9 until 2.
The Paducah Area Painters Alliance celebrates its new winter show with an open house on Sunday afternoon from 1 to 4. See new paintings and meet the local artists who created them. The winter exhibit is on display through January. The gallery is located at 124 Broadway in downtown Paducah, next to the Visitors Bureau.
Add your community events to the calendar at wkms.org.