Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Mon November 18, 2013
Datebook: November 18 - Louis Daguerre's Birthday
The Pennyrile Area Agency on Independent Living, partnering with AARP, provides a Fall Forum Thursday morning at 10 at the Christian County Senior Center. Topics of discussion include Medicare & Social Security, the 2014 State Legislative Session, and Medicaid Expansion. For more information, contact Jill Collins at 270-886-9484.
The youth nonprofit leadership program at Murray State University hosts a night of comedy, art, poetry, and music titled "Stand Up for a Cause" tonight at 7 in the Stables, located on the first floor of the Curris Center on campus. Proceeds benefit Court Appointed Special Advocates. For more information about YNL's fundraising for CASA, visit 541challenge.com.
The WATCH Center at 702 Main Street in Murray needs aluminum cans for an ongoing fundraising project. Drop off cans anytime, seven days a week, by driving through the driveway on the west side of the center and placing them in the cotton wagon.
See more community events. Thanks for listening.