Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Fri November 16, 2012
Datebook: November 16 - Metal Detectorist Finds Jackpot 20 Years Ago
Being that guy with a metal detector paid off big time for Eric Lawes, who was merely looking for his friend's lost hammer when he discovered the Hoxne Hoard, one of the largest hoards of Roman gold and silver in the world. The collection valued at over $4.2 million (today) and was purchased by the British Museum. We're pretty sure the hammer is still out there.
It’s Friday, November 16
Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area offers a Kids’ Fossil Field Trip on Sunday afternoon from 1 to 4. Meet at the Golden Pond Visitors Center for a trip to a rocky shoreline. Learn how to spot fossils and figure out how they got there. The cost is $5, and registration is required by calling (270) 924-2020.
Maiden Alley Cinema hosts an evening of live music tomorrow night beginning at 7. Performers include Maiden Radio, Kelsey Waldon, and The Sluegrass Boys. Tickets are $12 and can be purchased at maidenalleycinema.org.
The Hopkins County Literacy Celebration hosts Book It!, a 5K run and fun walk, tomorrow morning at Fitness Formula. Registration begins at 7, and the race starts at 8. All participants under age 18 receive a free book. For more information, call (270) 821-3435.
See more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.