Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Wed November 14, 2012
Datebook: November 14 - BBC Begins Broadcasting 90 Years Ago
On the day after today in 1922, The Daily News reported "For the first time in history, news was broadcast in England last night by the British Broadcasting Company." Director of Programmes Arthur Burrows read the two news bulletins from the Marconi House in London. He later remarked that it was a great test of nerves. But we're glad he did it.
It’s Wednesday, November 14
The Murray Art Guild Annual Holiday Sale is Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at the Robert O. Miller Conference Center. Work for sale includes jewelry, ceramics, willow furniture, woodwork, hand-bound books, ornaments, and more, all by created by local artists. Find sale hours and details at murrayartguild.org.
The Murray State University Piano Trio gives its debut performance tomorrow evening at 6 in Farrell Recital Hall. The newly-formed trio is comprised of faculty members Meeyoun Park, Jinhee Han, and Sue-Jean Park. Repertoire includes works by Mendelssohn and Piazzolla. The recital is free and open to the public.
A Take Back The Night Rally starts at 6:30 tomorrow evening in the parking lot of First Christian Church of Paducah. The event aims to create safe communities and to raise awareness about sexual violence. Find more information at acommunityofwomen.com.
See more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.