Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Mon November 12, 2012
Datebook: November 12 - Loch Ness Monster Smiles for the Camera
Hugh Gray walked along the shore of Loch Ness in the Scottish Highlands on a breezy, November day in 1933, when he spotted commotion in the water. Suddenly, a large creature with a long tail and thick body rose up from the lake, four flipper like appendages flailing about. Gray fumbled with his camera and snapped the first known picture of the Loch Ness Monster.
It’s Monday, November 12
The Murray State University Department of History presents a concert tomorrow night called Roots 3. Doors open at 7 and the concert starts at 7:30 in Wrather Auditorium. Featured performers include The McKendrees, Fidula, and Ranger Doug Green and Andy Reiss. For more information, call the department at 809-5455.
The Alzheimer’s Support Group holds its regular monthly meeting tomorrow morning at 10 at the Pennyroyal Area Development District Office in Hopkinsville. For details, call James Patterson at (270) 886-9484.
Stomping Towards A Cure is tomorrow night at 6 at the Carson Center in Paducah. Area high school cheerleading squads compete in a line-dancing fundraiser to benefit breast cancer research. Tickets are $20. To learn more, call (270) 442-7000.
Add your community events to the calendar at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.