Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri May 3, 2013
Datebook: May 3 - The Willis (Sears) Tower Becomes Tallest Building in the World 40 Years Ago
Standing at 1,451 feet, it held the lofty rank of tallest building in the world for nearly 25 years... The Willis Tower (formerly Sears Tower) is still the tallest in the US, and is currently the 7th tallest worldwide. Most importantly, the restrooms on the 103rd floor are the highest in the Western Hemisphere.
It’s Friday, May 3
The Museums of Historic Hopkinsville-Christian County announce the opening of an exhibit featuring the Kentucky Heritage Quilt Society’s 2012 Challenge Quilts. The pieces interpret the theme “It’s About Time.” The exhibit is on display tomorrow through May 11. For more information call (270) 887-4270.
Murray-Calloway County Hospital’s Blood Donor Center especially needs A-Negative and O-Negative blood. A blood donation opportunity is tonight from 6 to 10 at Relay For Life, which takes place at Roy Stewart Stadium. No appointment is necessary. Visit the hospital tent on the north side of the stadium.
Murray High School presents its spring concert Sunday afternoon at 2 in Lovett Auditorium, located on the campus of Murray State University. The free concert includes performances by the choir, symphonic band, and jazz band.