Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Fri May 3, 2013
Datebook: May 3 - The Willis (Sears) Tower Becomes Tallest Building in the World 40 Years Ago
Standing at 1,451 feet, it held the lofty rank of tallest building in the world for nearly 25 years... The Willis Tower (formerly Sears Tower) is still the tallest in the US, and is currently the 7th tallest worldwide. Most importantly, the restrooms on the 103rd floor are the highest in the Western Hemisphere.
It’s Friday, May 3
The Museums of Historic Hopkinsville-Christian County announce the opening of an exhibit featuring the Kentucky Heritage Quilt Society’s 2012 Challenge Quilts. The pieces interpret the theme “It’s About Time.” The exhibit is on display tomorrow through May 11. For more information call (270) 887-4270.
Murray-Calloway County Hospital’s Blood Donor Center especially needs A-Negative and O-Negative blood. A blood donation opportunity is tonight from 6 to 10 at Relay For Life, which takes place at Roy Stewart Stadium. No appointment is necessary. Visit the hospital tent on the north side of the stadium.
Murray High School presents its spring concert Sunday afternoon at 2 in Lovett Auditorium, located on the campus of Murray State University. The free concert includes performances by the choir, symphonic band, and jazz band.