Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Mon May 27, 2013
Datebook: May 27 - Memorial Day
Formerly known as Decoration Day, Memorial Day originated after the American Civil War, to commemorate both Union and Confederate soldiers. In 1967, it was declared an official federal holiday honoring all U.S. soldiers who died while serving.
It's Memorial Day, May 27
In observance of Older Americans' Month in May, a hamburger and ice cream float social is planned at the Christian County Senior Citizens Center in Hopkinsville at noon on Wednesday. For more information, contact Vicki Karrigan at (270) 886-8885.
Thursday's the deadline for kids to register for the Graves County High School Lady Eagles volleyball camp. Middle and elementary school girls can learn fundamental volleyball skills June 3rd through the 5th from 12 to 3 daily at the Eagles' Nest Gymnasium. Each participant receives a T-shirt. The cost is $35 per person. To learn more, call (270) 328-6242.
The Murray Art Guild has announced its summer workshop series. Adults can take Pastels, MAGpix, Life Drawing, or Weave a Rug in a Day. Kids can participate in Messy Fridays, Drawing, Woods, Beginning Drawing, Photography, Wonderful Worldly Watercolor, Pastels, Fun with Metals, Sculpture, Clay, and Weaving. For more information, visit murrayartguild.org.
See more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.