Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Fri May 24, 2013
Datebook: May 24 - Brooklyn Bridge Opens 130 Years Ago
The Brooklyn Bridge is one of the oldest suspension bridges in the United States. When it opened, on this day in 1883, it was the longest suspension bridge in the world spanning 1,595.5 feet. It's considered an icon of New York City, a symbol of optimism, and a technological marvel. I heard it was for sale, too.
It’s Friday, May 24
The Starfish Orphan Ministry 5K/10K Run for the Children & Family Day in the Park is tomorrow morning at Bob Noble Park in Paducah. Race day registration starts at 7, with both races starting at 8. Proceeds benefit the Starfish Orphan Ministry, which helps orphans both locally and internationally. For more information, visit starfishorphanministry.org.
Land Between the Lakes offers River Days this weekend. Special events planned at the Nature Station include kayaking and canoe trips, as well as educational programs about invasive species, animal track identification, river animals, and more. See a complete schedule of events at lbl.org.
A zumbathon sponsored by the Graves County Middle School Lady Eagles Volleyball Team is tomorrow morning from 9 to 11 at the Graves County Middle School gym. The cost is $10 for adults or $5 for students. To learn more, call Dana Heath at (270) 674-3670.
See more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.