Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Thu May 2, 2013
Datebook: May 2 - 'The Scream' Sets New Auction Record 1 Year Ago
It's been called "an icon of modern art, a Mona Lisa for our time." The pastel version (the most colorful) of Edvard Munch's The Scream sold at Sotheby's auction for nearly $120 million last year, setting a new record for the highest price paid for a work of art at an auction. The taker was businessman Leon Black.
It’s Thursday, May 2
The Wheels and Wings bike ride, formerly Ride for the Refuge, is Saturday beginning at LaCenter First Baptist Church. Registration starts at 7AM and the ride starts at 8. Fifteen, thirty, sixty, and hundred mile courses are offered. For more information, visit the Wheels and Wings Facebook page or call 983-0261.
Repair Affair: Spring 2013 is Saturday in Paducah. The event organizes teams of volunteers to help homeowners with critical maintenance, weatherization, safety, and accessibility issues. Worker registration starts at 7:30AM at Fountain Avenue United Methodist Church. To sign up in advance, call 556-0826.
The Homeplace at Land Between the Lakes offers a program titled Hearth Cooking Saturday from 10 to 1. Learn how an iron spider and a bake oven are used in the art of hearth cooking. The program is free with admission to the Homeplace. See details at www.lbl.org.
Find more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.