Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Thu May 16, 2013
Datebook: May 16 - US Senate Fails to Convict President Johnson by One Vote 145 Years Ago
On this day in 1868, the US Senate failed to convict President Andrew Johnson by one vote. The primary charge was that Johnson violated the Tenure of Office Act by removing Secretary of War Edwin Stanton. He was later acquitted. The Act was repealed in 1887.
It’s Thursday, May 16
Hopkinsville native and Georgetown College student Brendan Jones gives a brief concert on the historic Estey pipe organ at Grace Episcopal Church in Hopkinsville tomorrow at noon. The public is invited to attend.
A state-approved Boating Safety Class is set for Saturday at Eddy Creek Marina Resort in Eddyville. The free class lasts from 9 to 4 with a lunch break. Learn about principals of safe operation that apply to all types of boats, and learn about boating laws in Kentucky. To register, call Alan Wade at (270) 217-6471.
Tomorrow’s the deadline for teachers to apply for Land Between the Lakes Educational Field Trip Grants for the 2013-2014 school year. The grant helps cover costs for transportation, facility admission fees, and dorm rental. To apply, visit friendsoflbl.org and click on Education Resources, or call (270) 924-2091.