Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Wed May 15, 2013
Datebook: May 15 - Kepler Discovers Third Law 395 Years Ago
Kepler's Laws of Planetary Motion: 1. Planets move in ellipses with the Sun at one focus. 2. The radius vector describes equal areas in equal times. 3. The squares of the periodic times are to each other as the cubes of the mean distances. Kepler's Third Law would lead Newton to his law of gravitation (not an apple).
It’s Wednesday, May 15
The Calloway County Public Library hosts New York-based classical guitarist Peter Fletcher tomorrow evening at 6:30 in the library meeting room. The concert is free of charge and the public is invited to attend. For more information call 753-2288 or visit callowaycountylibrary.org.
Today’s the last day to submit photos, drawings, paintings, etchings, or fiber art of the American flag for inclusion in the Mayor’s Art Club exhibit in Paducah. McCracken County artists and students are eligible to enter. Selected pieces hang in the foyer of City Hall. Email images and contact info to firstname.lastname@example.org.
B.J. Summers, president of the Market House Museum, is the speaker at tomorrow night’s Evening Upstairs at the McCracken County Public Library. Spend an hour looking at Paducah landmarks from years ago and see what’s in their place today. The free program starts at 7 in the library’s upstairs meeting room.