Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed May 15, 2013
Datebook: May 15 - Kepler Discovers Third Law 395 Years Ago
Kepler's Laws of Planetary Motion: 1. Planets move in ellipses with the Sun at one focus. 2. The radius vector describes equal areas in equal times. 3. The squares of the periodic times are to each other as the cubes of the mean distances. Kepler's Third Law would lead Newton to his law of gravitation (not an apple).
It’s Wednesday, May 15
The Calloway County Public Library hosts New York-based classical guitarist Peter Fletcher tomorrow evening at 6:30 in the library meeting room. The concert is free of charge and the public is invited to attend. For more information call 753-2288 or visit callowaycountylibrary.org.
Today’s the last day to submit photos, drawings, paintings, etchings, or fiber art of the American flag for inclusion in the Mayor’s Art Club exhibit in Paducah. McCracken County artists and students are eligible to enter. Selected pieces hang in the foyer of City Hall. Email images and contact info to email@example.com.
B.J. Summers, president of the Market House Museum, is the speaker at tomorrow night’s Evening Upstairs at the McCracken County Public Library. Spend an hour looking at Paducah landmarks from years ago and see what’s in their place today. The free program starts at 7 in the library’s upstairs meeting room.