Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Thu May 15, 2014
Datebook: May 15 - Frank L. Baum's Birthday
Cycling for Newbies, a family-friendly bike ride, starts out at BikeWorld in Paducah Saturday morning at 10. The ride follows a low-traffic route that is easy for children who are learning how to ride. The free event starts with a bike maintenance check, and the ride lasts about 30 minutes. Details at bikeworldky.com.
The Fantastic Fibers 2014 exhibit remains on display at the Yeiser Art Center through May 24. The exhibit features 58 works selected from more than 450 entries from around the world. For more information, visit theyeiser.org.
West Kentucky Community and Technical College hosts a series of five summer cooking classes for students in grades 6 through 10. Sessions meet June 2nd through the 6th from 8 to 1 daily and include lessons on homemade pizza, sweet treats, summer picnics, baking bread, and a meal for the family. The cost is $40 per student for each class. Register by calling (270) 534-3335.