Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Mon March 4, 2013
Datebook: March 4 - Columbus' First Return Home 520 Years Ago
When Columbus landed in Portugal on this day in 1493, word of finding new lands spread quickly. He was received a hero in Spain, and displayed captive natives, gold, the previously unknown tobacco plant, pineapple, turkeys, and hammocks. He called the coast of China "a miracle," not yet realizing exactly what he had found.
It’s Monday, March 4
The Murray Human Rights Commission invites all residents of Murray and Calloway County to participate in a Town Hall Meeting to be held next Monday night at 7 at Murray Middle School. The public forum addresses bullying in our community.
An exhibit titled “Things You Should Know” is now on display at the Ice House Gallery in Mayfield. The exhibit features photography, paintings, woodworking, fiber arts, and other works by members of the Arts Co-Op of Martin, Tennessee. The gallery is open Tuesday through Friday from 10 to 4:30 and on Saturday from 10 to 1. Admission is free.
The Paducah Symphony Orchestra has announced the first PSO Summer Music Camp for elementary, middle, and high school students, to be held June 17th through the 21st at West Kentucky Community and Technical College. The camp includes ear training, music theory, and master classes and concludes with a Summer Showcase. Register online at paducahsymphony.org.
See more community events atwkms.org. Thanks for listening.