Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu March 28, 2013
Datebook: March 28 - Happy Birthday Marlin Perkins
Do you remember watching Wild Kingdom while you were growing up? If so, then you may remember host Marlin Perkins, who game many Americans their first exposure to environmental conservation and the protection of endangered species. He died in 1986, but his show lives on today, on Animal Planet.
It’s Thursday, March 28
Kids ages six to twelve can spend an evening using the Laser Pegs 3D Light Board to design structures and discover the science behind light at this week’s Friday Night Science Class at West Kentucky Community and Technical College. The two-hour class starts at 5PM in the Emerging Technology Center. The cost is $20. To register, call (270) 534-3335.
Maiden Alley Cinema presents “Girl Rising” tonight at 6:30. The groundbreaking film tells the story of nine extraordinary girls from nine countries, showcasing the strength of the human spirit and the power of education to change the world. Find showtimes and ticket prices at maidenalleycinema.com.
The 2013 Wickliffe Easter Egg Hunt is Saturday at 1PM in the Wickliffe City Park. All ages are welcome. In case of rain, the event moves to the Wickliffe First Baptist Church Gym, located at 411 Tennessee Street.
Find community event details at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.