Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri March 22, 2013
Datebook: March 22 - Beatles Release First Album 50 Years Ago
The Beatles released their first album in the UK on this day in 1963. "Please Please Me" featured the hit single of the same name, and "Love Me Do" among a dozen other songs. Rolling Stone placed the album as no. 39 on their "500 Greatest Albums of All Time" list.
It’s Friday, March 22
The Murray Woman’s Club invites elementary, middle, and high school students to enter the 2013 Art Contest. Categories include drawing, printmaking, collage, painting, fiber arts, sculpture, photography, and miscellaneous. Entries should be delivered to the clubhouse on Tuesday between 3:30 and 4:30PM. For more information, call 753-5452.
The Homeplace at Land Between the Lakes offers an 1850s candle-making demonstration tomorrow from 1 to 3. Then on Sunday afternoon at 2, learn how families in the 1850s used natural dyes to color their Easter eggs. Find a schedule of other upcoming events at lbl.org.
The Paducah Symphony Orchestra has announced the first PSO Summer Music Camp for elementary, middle, and high school students, to be held June 17th through the 21st at West Kentucky Community and Technical College. Register at paducahsymphony.org.
Add your events to the community calendar at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.