Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed March 19, 2014
Datebook: March 19 - David Livingstone's Birthday (I Presume?)
John Goins speaks on environmentally-safe lawn care at the April 1st Purchase Area Master Gardener Toolbox Series. The community is invited to attend the free presentation at 5 p.m. at the McCracken County Extension Office, located at 2705 Olivet Church Road in Paducah.
Applications are now available to rent plots in the Paducah Community Garden. The garden is located in the open field at the corner of 14th and Madison streets and offers 12x8 foot plots. The non-refundable rental fee is $20. Water is accessible at the site, and the garden is gated. To apply, call 270-444-8508.
The Mutt Strut 5K run and 1-mile dog walk is set for Saturday, April 5, at 15th and Olive Streets in Murray. Registration begins at 7:30, the 5K starts at 8:30, and the walk starts at 9:30. The cost is $30 for the run or $20 for the walk. Canine participants must have proof of current rabies vaccinations. Details at forthepets.org.