Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
Wed March 19, 2014
Datebook: March 19 - David Livingstone's Birthday (I Presume?)
John Goins speaks on environmentally-safe lawn care at the April 1st Purchase Area Master Gardener Toolbox Series. The community is invited to attend the free presentation at 5 p.m. at the McCracken County Extension Office, located at 2705 Olivet Church Road in Paducah.
Applications are now available to rent plots in the Paducah Community Garden. The garden is located in the open field at the corner of 14th and Madison streets and offers 12x8 foot plots. The non-refundable rental fee is $20. Water is accessible at the site, and the garden is gated. To apply, call 270-444-8508.
The Mutt Strut 5K run and 1-mile dog walk is set for Saturday, April 5, at 15th and Olive Streets in Murray. Registration begins at 7:30, the 5K starts at 8:30, and the walk starts at 9:30. The cost is $30 for the run or $20 for the walk. Canine participants must have proof of current rabies vaccinations. Details at forthepets.org.