Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Fri March 15, 2013
Datebook: March 15 - Ides of March
As many as 60 conspirators, led by Brutus and Cassius were involved in the assassination of Julius Caesar in 44 BC. According to Plutarch, a seer had warned Caesar that harm would come to him in the Ides. On this morning, he joked with the seer that the Ides have come but the prophecy had not been fulfilled, to which the seer replied, "Aye, Caesar, but not gone."
It’s Friday, March 15
Paducah Parks Services offers its annual Leprechaun Hunt tomorrow afternoon at Noble Park. Registration starts at 12:30, and the hunt begins at 1. Teams of family members or friends compete against other teams to complete a scavenger hunt through the park. The event is free and prizes are awarded.
The Murray Middle and High School music programs present an Italian Dinner fundraiser tomorrow evening from 4:30 to 7 at the Murray High School cafeteria. Tickets are available at the door and are $10 for adults or $5 for children. Student ensembles provide live entertainment during the dinner.
Diabetes Awareness and Prevention Day is tomorrow morning from 8 to 10 at Murray Calloway County Hospital. Free screenings help gauge the risk level for diabetes. Each participant receives a grocery tote and an activity journal. No pre-registration is required.
See more community events and make a gift of financial support to your public radio home at wkms.org.