Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Thu March 14, 2013
Datebook: March 14 - Happy Pi Day!
Today is Pi Day! And there's nothing funnier than a pie in the face! When you contribute to WKMS today before Sounds Good, you can get in on the fun! Make your gift (or additional gift) at 800-599-4737 and place your vote for the WKMS staff member who'll get a pie in the face near the end of Sounds Good today! :)
It’s Thursday, March 14
The Murray State University Symphony Orchestra and Symphonic Band present a concert tonight at 7:30 at Lovett Auditorium. The free concert features works by Rossini, Holst, deHaan, Grainger, and deMeij.
Saturday is “Make A Difference Day” at the Roy Stewart Stadium parking lot. Bring your recyclables between 9AM and 1PM. Accepted items include paper, cardboard, eyeglasses, aluminum cans, cell phones, inkjet cartridges, clothes, shoes, plastics, tin cans, glass, motor oil, batteries, and books. See details at murrayky.gov.
The Murray’s Miracles 5K Run/Walk is Saturday morning beginning at the corner of 15th and Olive streets. Race-day registration starts at 7:30, and the race begins at 9. Proceeds benefit St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Add your community events to the calendar at wkms.org, where we gratefully accept your financial contributions during our spring fundraiser.