Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Fri March 1, 2013
Datebook: March 1 - National Pig Day
Happy National Pig Day! This national celebration was started in 1972 by two sisters, Ellen Stanley and Mary Lynne Rave. The holiday is to "accord the pig its rightful, though generally unrecognized, place as one of man's most intellectual and domesticated animals." Have a pig party!
It’s Friday, March 1
Dr. Meeyoun Park, pianist and visiting assistant professor at Murray State University, presents her debut solo recital Sunday evening at 6 in the Performing Arts Hall, located on the second floor of the Old Fine Arts Building on the MSU campus. The free concert features works by Mendelssohn, Beethoven, Rachmaninoff, and Mussorgsky.
Murray Preschool/Head Start and Early Head Start holds registration for the 2013-2014 school year next Friday from 8 to 3 at the Murray Board of Education. The programs serve children up to four years of age, and transportation services are provided within the Murray School District for preschool children. For more information, call (270) 809-3262.
Organist Malissa Heath gives a recital Sunday afternoon at 3:30 at Immanuel Baptist Church of Paducah. The recital program includes music by J.S. Bach, Cesar Franck, and Gordon Young. Admission is free.
Find more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.