Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Fri March 1, 2013
Datebook: March 1 - National Pig Day
Happy National Pig Day! This national celebration was started in 1972 by two sisters, Ellen Stanley and Mary Lynne Rave. The holiday is to "accord the pig its rightful, though generally unrecognized, place as one of man's most intellectual and domesticated animals." Have a pig party!
It’s Friday, March 1
Dr. Meeyoun Park, pianist and visiting assistant professor at Murray State University, presents her debut solo recital Sunday evening at 6 in the Performing Arts Hall, located on the second floor of the Old Fine Arts Building on the MSU campus. The free concert features works by Mendelssohn, Beethoven, Rachmaninoff, and Mussorgsky.
Murray Preschool/Head Start and Early Head Start holds registration for the 2013-2014 school year next Friday from 8 to 3 at the Murray Board of Education. The programs serve children up to four years of age, and transportation services are provided within the Murray School District for preschool children. For more information, call (270) 809-3262.
Organist Malissa Heath gives a recital Sunday afternoon at 3:30 at Immanuel Baptist Church of Paducah. The recital program includes music by J.S. Bach, Cesar Franck, and Gordon Young. Admission is free.
Find more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.