Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue June 4, 2013
Datebook: June 4 - Montgolfier Bros. Demonstrate the Hot Air Balloon 230 Years Ago
Long before the Wright Brothers, two French siblings Joseph-Michel and Jaques-Etienne Montgolfier were experimenting with early flight. On this day, they demonstrated their hot air balloon for the first time, keeping it in the air for 10 minutes. A few months later, they'd record the first manned flight.
It’s Tuesday, June 4
The Humane Society of Calloway County offers $10 microchipping at two upcoming Rabies Clinics, to be held tomorrow and Thursday from 7-8PM at the Murray Health Department. For a complete schedule of other clinics offering rabies vaccinations only, visit forthepets.org.
Kids ages 9 to 14 can participate in up to three track and field events, with winners advancing to the state meet, at the Hershey’s Track and Field Games, to be held Thursday at the Paducah Tilghman High School track. Registration for the free event begins at 3PM, with events starting at 4. See details at hersheystrackandfield.com.
The McCracken County Extension Office offers a free Beginning Canning Workshop Friday from 9:30 to 3:30 at the extension office. The workshop teaches canning basics, pressure canning, and hot water bath canning. To pre-register, call (270) 554-9520.
Find more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.