Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Wed June 4, 2014
Datebook: June 4
In celebration of National Trails Day, Land Between the Lakes invites the public to help with trail maintenance this Saturday at Hillman Heritage National Recreation Trail. Meet at the Hillman Ferry Campground gatehouse at 9 a.m. for a tailgate safety briefing. Bring lunch and drinking water and dress appropriately. The Forest Service provides all tools and equipment. For more information, call (800) 455-5897.
The 37th Annual Charity Street Rod Show benefiting ChildWatch Services of Western Kentucky is Friday and Saturday in Paducah at the Farmers Market on the corner of 2nd Avenue and Jefferson Street. All registered cars are pre-1949 street rods. Gate hours are Friday from noon to 5 and Saturday from 9 to 4.
The Challenger Learning Center in Paducah offers summer camps for kids in grades K through 8 on the campus of West Kentucky Community and Technical College. For more information, visit clcpaducah.org or call (270) 534-3101.