Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon June 30, 2014
Datebook: June 30 - First Corvette Rolls Off Line 61 Years Ago
Naturalist, photographer, and author Scott Shupe presents a free reptile show this Thursday night at 7 at Kenlake State Resort Park. For more information, call the park at (800) 325-0143.
The Humane Society holds Animal Academy Day Camp July 14-18 from 1-4 p.m. at the Carman Animal Health Technology Center. The camp is open to students ages 7 through 10, and the camp fee is $20. Kids learn about Cats & Dogs, Exotics, Wildlife, and Farm Animals. Pre-registration is required; details at forthepets.org.
The Homeplace at Land Between the Lakes hosts a traditional 1850s Independence Day Celebration Friday afternoon from 1 to 4. The event features Kentucky statesman Henry Clay as portrayed by George McGee. Activities include raising the 1850 American flag on the liberty pole, a group reading of the Declaration of Independence, patriotic crafts, games, music, and more. Details at lbl.org.