Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue June 3, 2014
Datebook: June 3 - Allen Ginsberg's Birthday
Any child 18 or younger in the Paducah area can eat breakfast between 7 and 8 a.m. and lunch between 10 and 11 a.m. at no charge weekdays through July 31. The meals are served at Lone Oak Intermediate and Reidland, Farley, Heath, and Hendron Lone Oak elementary schools.
Murray-Calloway County Hospital's Wellness Works program offers free community health screenings throughout the month of June. There’s an upcoming screening event this Friday morning from 9 to 11 at the Stewart County Senior Citizens Center. The event includes blood pressure and pulmonary function screenings. For more information, call (270) 762-1348.
Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area hosts the annual Special Populations Fishing Tournament this Saturday at Honker Lake. Registration for the free tournament begins at 8:30, with fishing from 9 to noon. The tournament develops the fishing skills of children and adults who are physically or mentally challenged. Call (270) 924-2046 to pre-register or for more information.