Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Tue June 3, 2014
Datebook: June 3 - Allen Ginsberg's Birthday
Any child 18 or younger in the Paducah area can eat breakfast between 7 and 8 a.m. and lunch between 10 and 11 a.m. at no charge weekdays through July 31. The meals are served at Lone Oak Intermediate and Reidland, Farley, Heath, and Hendron Lone Oak elementary schools.
Murray-Calloway County Hospital's Wellness Works program offers free community health screenings throughout the month of June. There’s an upcoming screening event this Friday morning from 9 to 11 at the Stewart County Senior Citizens Center. The event includes blood pressure and pulmonary function screenings. For more information, call (270) 762-1348.
Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area hosts the annual Special Populations Fishing Tournament this Saturday at Honker Lake. Registration for the free tournament begins at 8:30, with fishing from 9 to noon. The tournament develops the fishing skills of children and adults who are physically or mentally challenged. Call (270) 924-2046 to pre-register or for more information.