Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Fri June 21, 2013
Datebook: June 21 - First Day of Summer
Today is the summer solstice. Earth's semi-axis is at its greatest incline toward the sun in the northern hemisphere. Midsummer festivals are occurring all over the world and especially in Scandinavia, where you might light a bonfire, walk across hot coals, turn up the music, cookout with friends, and party all night!
It's Friday, June 21
The Murray State University Amateur Radio Club demonstrates amateur radio tomorrow afternoon beginning at 1. Ham Field Day is to be held at the Murray-Calloway County Central Park schoolhouse pavilion and adjacent parking area. To learn more about amateur radio, visit emergency-radio.org.
There’s a Summer Solstice Canoe Trip tomorrow night on Lake Barkley at Land Between the Lakes. Learn about the summer solstice and listen to folklore. Beginners are welcome. The cost is $25 per canoe, and reservations and full deposits are required by calling (270) 924-2020.
Court Appointed Special Advocates is actively seeking volunteer advocates from the Murray-Calloway County area. Volunteers with the non-profit organization advocate for the timely and safe placement of abused and neglected children. Training is provided. To find about more about the application process call CASA at (270) 761-0164.
Add your community events to the calendar at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.