Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Fri June 20, 2014
Datebook: June 20 - Lillian Hellman's Birthday
Red Cross-authorized swimming lessons continue at the Murray-Calloway County pool, with sessions meeting June 23-27 and July 7-11. Registration is $55 for each swimmer, and sessions are filled on a first-come basis. To register, call (270) 762-0325 or stop by the Murray-Calloway County Parks office.
The Humane Society holds an Animal Academy Day Camp July 14-18 from 1-4 p.m. at the Carman Animal Health Technology Center. The camp is open to students ages 7 through 10, and the camp fee is $20. Kids learn about Cats & Dogs, Exotics, Wildlife, and Farm Animals. Pre-registration is required; details at forthepets.org.
The Paducah Wastelanders hold a summer solstice art exhibition and party tomorrow night from 5 to 8 at 950 Park Avenue in Paducah. New works exhibited range from paintings and drawings to various media sculpture. The event is free and open to the public. For more information, call (270) 442-1985.