Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Thu June 20, 2013
Datebook: June 20 - Ed Sullivan 'Toasts the Town' 65 Years Ago
Everyone called it The Ed Sullivan Show, but it was officially Toast of the Town when it debuted on this day in 1948. The first episode featured Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis, along with Rogers & Hammerstein previewing South Pacific. TV Guide placed it as #15 on their list of greatest TV shows of all time.
It’s Thursday, June 20
The annual Tymeless Hearts carnival is this Saturday afternoon from 12-5 at Chestnut Street Park in Murray. The event features live entertainment, a petting zoo, pony rides, health checks, games, an auction, and more. Proceeds go to help children with heart defects. For more information visit tymelesshearts.com.
The Paducah Regatta is set for Saturday morning at Noble Park Pool. Use cardboard and duct tape to construct a boat, then race it across the pool without sinking. Boats that do sink are eligible to win the Titanic Award, given for the fastest or the most dramatic sinking. Registration starts at 8:45 and the race begins at 10. For more information, call 270-444-8508.
The Paducah Wastelanders Summertime 2013 Exhibit, featuring work by local artists, opens with a reception Saturday, from 5-8PM at 950 Park Avenue in Paducah. The reception is open to the public. For more information, visit paducahwastelanders.com.