Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed June 12, 2013
Datebook: June 12 - Medgar Evers Assassinated 50 Years Ago
Today marks 50 years since civil rights activist Medgar Evers was gunned down in his driveway in Jackson, Mississippi by white supremacist Byron De La Beckwith. His murder and the subsequent trial sparked a cultural uproar and inspired national civil rights protests. Hear commentator Dr. Brian Clardy's remembrance.
It’s Wednesday, June 12
The Glema Mahr Center for the Arts presents the Japanese Kimono Exhibit from the Claude Holeman Collection, on loan from the Dawson Springs Museum & Art Center. The exhibit is on display through July 21. The gallery is open Monday through Friday from 9 to 4 and 3 hours prior to every performance at the Center. Admission is free.
The Homeplace at Land Between the Lakes hosts the 15th Annual Pickin’ Party Old Time Music Festival this Saturday and Sunday from 10 to 7 both days. Performers include Mark Dvorak, the Dixie Volunteers, Common Thread, the Roan Mountain Hilltoppers, and others. See a complete lineup at lbl.org.
Baptist Health Paducah offers Safe Sitter classes for ages 11 and up this Friday from 9 to 4. The one-day babysitting course, taught by certified instructors, teaches young teens life and safety skills. The $30 fee includes lunch and supplies. Pre-register by calling 575-8444.
See more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.