Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
Mon June 10, 2013
Datebook: June 10 - Mars Spirit Rover Launches 10 Years Ago
The Spirit Rover's mission was to explore surface features and analyze rocks for 90 days, but it actually functioned 20 times longer than expected. In 2009, it became stuck in soil and its last communication was sent in 2010. Maybe someday we'll find it, dust it off, and power it back up.
It’s Monday, June 10
The Pennyroyal Area Museum hosts a presentation on American Woven Coverlets tomorrow afternoon from 1:30 to 3. Attendants are invited to bring their own antique coverlets and learn more about them from two textile experts. The presentation is free and open to the public. For more information, call (270) 887-4270.
The Alzheimer's Support Group holds a regular monthly meeting at the Pennyrile Area Development District Office tomorrow morning at 10. For more information, contact James Patterson at (270) 886-9484.
Marianne P. Ramsey speaks about early Kentucky furniture Thursday evening at 7 at the McCracken County Public Library as part of the Evenings Upstairs series. The visual presentation illustrates the range of furniture used in households from seating furniture to storage. For more information visit mclib.net.
See more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.