Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon June 10, 2013
Datebook: June 10 - Mars Spirit Rover Launches 10 Years Ago
The Spirit Rover's mission was to explore surface features and analyze rocks for 90 days, but it actually functioned 20 times longer than expected. In 2009, it became stuck in soil and its last communication was sent in 2010. Maybe someday we'll find it, dust it off, and power it back up.
It’s Monday, June 10
The Pennyroyal Area Museum hosts a presentation on American Woven Coverlets tomorrow afternoon from 1:30 to 3. Attendants are invited to bring their own antique coverlets and learn more about them from two textile experts. The presentation is free and open to the public. For more information, call (270) 887-4270.
The Alzheimer's Support Group holds a regular monthly meeting at the Pennyrile Area Development District Office tomorrow morning at 10. For more information, contact James Patterson at (270) 886-9484.
Marianne P. Ramsey speaks about early Kentucky furniture Thursday evening at 7 at the McCracken County Public Library as part of the Evenings Upstairs series. The visual presentation illustrates the range of furniture used in households from seating furniture to storage. For more information visit mclib.net.
See more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.