Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed July 9, 2014
Datebook: July 9
The Nature Station at Land Between the Lakes hosts Cool & Crawly Critters Day this Saturday from 10 to 4. Kids can get a face-to-face look at bats, snakes, bugs, and turtles while learning from visiting scientists and animal experts. The event is rain or shine. See a schedule at lbl.org.
As part of the Hopkinsville Summer Community Education Series, there's a class titled "Banking: What You Need to Know" tomorrow night at 5 at the Christian County Board of Education. Learn about healthy spending habits and how to reduce your risk of identity theft. The class is free and open to the public.
The Purchase Area Master Gardeners Association presents "Herb Appeal II" July 17 at noon at the McCracken County Cooperative Extension Service. The luncheon and lecture focuses on healthy living and the various uses of herbs. Marcy Snodgrass is the keynote speaker. Tickets are available at the Extension Office.