Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Wed July 9, 2014
Datebook: July 9
The Nature Station at Land Between the Lakes hosts Cool & Crawly Critters Day this Saturday from 10 to 4. Kids can get a face-to-face look at bats, snakes, bugs, and turtles while learning from visiting scientists and animal experts. The event is rain or shine. See a schedule at lbl.org.
As part of the Hopkinsville Summer Community Education Series, there's a class titled "Banking: What You Need to Know" tomorrow night at 5 at the Christian County Board of Education. Learn about healthy spending habits and how to reduce your risk of identity theft. The class is free and open to the public.
The Purchase Area Master Gardeners Association presents "Herb Appeal II" July 17 at noon at the McCracken County Cooperative Extension Service. The luncheon and lecture focuses on healthy living and the various uses of herbs. Marcy Snodgrass is the keynote speaker. Tickets are available at the Extension Office.