Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Fri July 5, 2013
Datebook: July 5 - The Shard Becomes Britain's Tallest Building 1 Year Ago
Reaching 1,016 feet high, The Shard is the tallest building in England, and was the tallest in Europe (until Moscow's Mercury City Tower topped it). The glass-clad pyramidal tower has 72 floors of office space, a hotel, apartments, restaurants, and an observatory. It also has 44 elevators.
It’s Friday, July 5
The Nature Station at Land Between the Lakes offers a Sunset Canoe Trip tomorrow evening from 6 to 8:30. Search for wildlife that visits the lake at twilight such as osprey, herons, beavers, and songbirds. The cost is $25 per canoe. Reservations and full deposits are required by calling 270-924-2020.
The Pennyroyal Area Museum in Hopkinsville offers a special exhibit, “Aisle of Style: 70 Years of Wedding Fashion,” on display through August 10. Six dresses dating from 1887-1954 represent popular fashion trends from the late 19th through the mid-20th centuries.
Monday is the deadline to register for “Grow Up Green” summer day camp at John James Audubon State Park. The camp for children ages 8-12 is July 16-18 from 9 to 2 daily. Kids learn about healthy eating and cooking, reducing resources, recycling, yoga, and more. For more information, call 270-826-2247.