Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Thu July 31, 2014
Datebook: July 31
The Murray Fire Department’s Storm Shelter Registration program is underway. The voluntary program helps emergency personnel know where to search if storms severely damage your home. Find registration forms at murrayky.gov.
The Kentucky Arts Council offers TranspARTation grants to Kentucky schools and teachers for arts-related field trips. The funding helps with transportation costs to and from arts field trips and is available for any Kentucky school that supports grades pre-K through 12. The deadline is August 15. Details at artscouncil.ky.gov.
The River's Edge International Film Festival based in Paducah seeks short and feature-length entries in the categories of Narrative, Documentary, Animation, and Experimental film. Submit entries by August 30th. For details visit riversedgefilmfestival.com or call (270) 442-7723.