Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Tue July 30, 2013
Datebook: July 30 - Henry Ford Turns 150
He was an American industrialist, founder of the Ford Motor Company, and sponsor of the assembly line. While Ford didn't invent the automobile, he manufactured the first that middle class Americans could buy. At his time of death in 1947, his net worth was nearly $200 billion (in today's equivalent).
It’s Tuesday, July 30
Friday is the early bird registration deadline for “Battlefields & Beyond: Civil War Sites in the 21st Century,” a major conference on preservation and interpretation of Civil War sites. The conference is set for August 15th through the 17th in Danville. For more information or to register, visit civilwarconference.org.
The WATCH Center at 702 Main Street in Murray needs aluminum cans for an ongoing fundraising project. Drop off cans anytime, seven days a week, by driving through the driveway on the west side of the center and placing them in the cotton wagon.
There’s a free community health screening tomorrow morning from 8:30 to 11 at the Calvert City Civic Center. Tomorrow’s event includes a lipid screening, which requires a 12-hour fast. The screenings are free and are provided to detect diseases in the earliest stages when there are often no symptoms. For more information, call Murray-Calloway County Hospital at 762-1348.
See more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.