Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Tue July 29, 2014
Datebook: July 29 - Clara Bow's Birthday
The annual homecoming for former residents of the area now known as Land Between the Lakes is set for Sunday, August 10, at Fenton. All former residents, relatives, and friends are invited. Restrooms, picnic tables, grills, and drinking water provided; bring food, beverages, and lawn chairs. For more information, call (270) 522-3956.
Farmers and gardeners are invited to share their excess vegetables with the Mayfield-Graves County Needline & Food Pantry. To donate extra produce, bring items by the Needline office between 8 and 1 Monday through Thursday. For early delivery, leave items on the loading dock located on the south side of the building.
Land Between the Lakes hosts the annual Hummingbird Festival this weekend from 10 to 4 daily at the Woodlands Nature Station. Highlights include hummingbird banding demonstrations, a wildlife art show, a wildlife sketching workshop, a native plant sale, and more. Details at lbl.org.