Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Tue July 29, 2014
Datebook: July 29 - Clara Bow's Birthday
The annual homecoming for former residents of the area now known as Land Between the Lakes is set for Sunday, August 10, at Fenton. All former residents, relatives, and friends are invited. Restrooms, picnic tables, grills, and drinking water provided; bring food, beverages, and lawn chairs. For more information, call (270) 522-3956.
Farmers and gardeners are invited to share their excess vegetables with the Mayfield-Graves County Needline & Food Pantry. To donate extra produce, bring items by the Needline office between 8 and 1 Monday through Thursday. For early delivery, leave items on the loading dock located on the south side of the building.
Land Between the Lakes hosts the annual Hummingbird Festival this weekend from 10 to 4 daily at the Woodlands Nature Station. Highlights include hummingbird banding demonstrations, a wildlife art show, a wildlife sketching workshop, a native plant sale, and more. Details at lbl.org.