Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Mon July 28, 2014
Datebook: July 28 - Marcel Duchamp's Birthday
The Hot August 5K is set for Saturday, August 9, at 7:30 a.m. Kenlake State Resort Park. The Hot August 5K is the first in a series of five state park footraces in Western Kentucky. Runners participating in all five races have a chance to capture the overall championship based on a point system. Registration information at parks.ky.gov.
The Paducah Parks Services Department is coordinating three softball leagues: the Monday Men's Lower League, the Tuesday Men's Upper League, and the Wednesday Coed League. Leagues run from August to October. There’s a mandatory coaches' meeting tomorrow night at 6:30. For more information, call (270) 444-8508.
Pennyrile Forest State Resort Park hosts a book talk and signing by Kentucky author Eddie Price Wednesday morning at 10. Price is the author of "Widder's Landing," a historical novel about frontier life in Kentucky. The talk and signing are in the park's Fireside Room in the Lodge.