Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu July 26, 2012
Datebook: July 26 - Truman Signs National Security Act 65 Years Ago
On this day in 1947, President Harry Truman signed the National Security Act into law which led to the creation of the CIA, US Department of Defense, US Air Force, Joint Chiefs of Staff, and the US National Security Council, as a response to the aftermath of WWII. Don't mess with the US.
It’s Thursday, July 26
Tonight at 7, Maiden Alley Cinema presents the Woody Allen film “To Rome With Love.” It follows the stories of a worker who wakes up to find himself a celebrity, an architect who takes a trip back the street he lived on as a student, a young couple on their honeymoon, and a frustrated opera director with a talent for singing. For additional showtimes, see maidenalleycinema.com.
The Janice Mason Art Museum in Cadiz hosts a workshop this Saturday titled “The Healing Power of Poetry.” The free workshop, led by Cadiz native Christy White, begins at 11AM in the downstairs classroom. For details, call 522-9056.
The Nature Station at Land Between the Lakes offers “Bat Night” Saturday at 7. Learn more about bats through stories, songs, and slides on the big screen, then watch at dusk as the local bat colony sets out on a nightly hunt for food. Reservations are required by calling 924-2020.
See more community events at wkms.org.