Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Wed July 24, 2013
Datebook: July 24 - Simon Bolivar Turns 230
Inspired by the American and French Revolutions, Venezuelan leader Simon Bolivar played a key role in Latin America's independence from the Spanish Empire. In his lifetime, he led Venezuela, Columbia, Panama, Ecuador, Peru, and Bolivia to independence and laid the foundations for democracy in Latin America.
It’s Wednesday, July 24
The Downtown Paris Association’s annual ice cream social and antique car show is Saturday afternoon from 3 to 6 on the downtown court square. Admission includes unlimited ice cream and is $10 for adults or $5 for children.
Live on Broadway is Saturday night from 6-9 in downtown Paducah on Broadway between Water and Fifth streets. Musical genres represented this week include classic rock, folk, Americana, 70s classic rock, funk, R&B, and Christian rock. Family-friendly activities let kids explore music and storytelling. For more information, visit paducahalliance.org.
Maiden Alley Cinema presents "20 Feet From Stardom" this Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The film, directed by Morgan Neville, shines a spotlight on the untold true story of the backup singers behind some of the greatest musical legends of the 21st century. For more information, visit maidenalleycinema.com.
See more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.