Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Tue July 24, 2012
Datebook: July 24 - Alexandre Dumas Turns 210
A happy birthday to French writer Alexandre Dumas. He was born in poverty as the grandson of a French nobleman and a Haitian slave and became best known for The Count of Monte Cristo and The Three Musketeers. 210 years is also how long it may take to finish reading all 1,500 pages of Monte Cristo.
It’s Tuesday, July 24
A foster care and adoption fair is set for Saturday at the Owensboro Christian Church. The fair will be held from 10 to 2. Experienced foster parents and social workers will be available to share information and answer questions. For more, call 1-877-994-9970.
The Ice House Art Center in Mayfield offers an adult oil-painting class this Thursday beginning at 4. Students must provide their own paints, canvas, and brushes. The class fee is $10 for members or $15 for non-members. Register by calling 247-6971.
Twilight Theater Productions offers an original show this weekend titled “The Living News 2.0 Supersized for Maximum Strength.” It’s a comedic look at happenings in the news today. Dinner begins at 6:30 and the show starts at 8 Friday and Saturday at Kenlake State Resort Park in Aurora. Make reservations by tomorrow by calling 436-2399.
Add your community events to the calendar at wkms.org.