Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
Tue July 23, 2013
Datebook: July 23 - Raymond Chandler Turns 125
At the age of 44, Raymond Chandler decided to write detective fiction after losing his job at an oil company during the Great Depression. He wrote dozens of short stories and seven novels in his lifetime. Ian Fleming said Chandler's work was "some of the finest dialogue written in any prose today."
It’s Tuesday, July 23
The Caldwell County Caregiver Support Group holds a regular monthly meeting Thursday morning at 11:30 at the Caldwell County Senior Center, located at 202 Eagle Street in Princeton. For more information, contact James Patterson at 270-886-9484.
Twilight in the Garden is Thursday evening from 5-7 at the UK Demonstration and Trial Garden on Coleman Road in Paducah. The free event celebrates the garden’s 15th anniversary and includes information on fall gardening, butterfly and hummingbird gardening, attracting bluebirds, drying flowers and herbs, worm bins, and more. For more information, visit twilightinthegarden.blogspot.com.
Court Appointed Special Advocates seeks volunteer advocates from the Murray-Calloway County area. Volunteers with the non-profit organization advocate for the timely and safe placement of abused and neglected children. Training is provided. To find out more about the application process, call 270-761-0164.