Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Mon July 22, 2013
Datebook: July 22 - Wiley Post Flies Solo Around the World 80 Years Ago
During the Golden Age of Aviation, American pilot Wiley Post became the first person to fly solo around the world. On this day, 50 thousand people greeted him, after he flew 7 days, 18 hours, and 49 minutes. He did it to raise money to open an aeronautical school. His plane, Winnie Mae, is at the Smithsonian.
It's Monday, July 22
Murray-Calloway County Hospital's Blood Donor Center is in need of all blood types, but especially O-Negative blood, at this time. A blood drive is set for Wednesday from 8 to 4:30 at the Center for Health and Wellness. For more information, call (270) 762-1119.
A coaches' meeting for fall adult slow pitch softball at Murray Calloway Parks is set for Thursday evening at 7 at the Chamber of Commerce. The co-ed recreational league starts August 19. The league entry form is available at playballmcc.com or call (270) 762-0325 for more information.
Angels Attic Thrift Shop seeks donations of clothing, furniture, appliances, household items, and toys. Sale proceeds benefit the Angels Community Clinic. Bring donations to 972 Chestnut Street Monday through Saturday from 8 to 5.
See more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.