Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Wed July 2, 2014
Datebook: July 2 - Thurgood Marshall's Birthday
The City of Paducah hosts an Independence Day Celebration on the Riverfront this Friday with food, fireworks, and entertainment on Wilson Stage. Steve Schaffner’s Trio Girardeaux plays at 6:30 p.m., followed by the Paducah Jazz Ensemble at 7:30, the Paducah Community Band at 8:30, and the fireworks display at 9:15. The public is invited.
The Baptist Health Paducah Arthritis Support Group meets Monday from noon to 1 in the Baptist Heart Center conference room. The group provides support for people living with arthritis. For more information, call (270) 575-2721.
Saturday afternoon from 1 to 3, the Homeplace at Land Between the Lakes hosts master chair makers from Newberry & Son’s Chairs. In 2009, the Newberry family received the Governor’s Arts Award, Tennessee’s highest honor in the arts. For more information about this and other events at Land Between the Lakes, visit lbl.org.