Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Mon July 16, 2012
Datebook: July 16 - Roald Amundsen Turns 140
Roald Amundsen's fashionable hipster beard may have been just enough to keep warm on his historic arctic expeditions. Amundsen discovered the South Pole in December 1911, and was the first to reach the North Pole in 1926. He mysteriously disappeared in 1928, while taking part in a rescue mission. Perhaps he's still out there, frozen in ice.
It’s Monday, July 16
Market House Theatre holds auditions tonight and tomorrow night for 9 to 5: The Musical. The comedy tells the story of three unlikely friends who conspire to take control of their company. The cast includes men’s and women’s roles, as well as a few teenage roles. Auditions will be held at 6:30 in the Main Theatre.
Carol Foreman of the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network will give a presentation at the Center for Health and Wellness tomorrow at 5:30PM. Learn about the free services and resources offered by the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network. For more information, call (270) 762-1348.
The Glema Mahr Center for the Arts is looking for local musicians to perform at the Back 2 School Bash Saturday, August 18. Six acts representing a variety of musical styles will be selected. The deadline to enter is Friday; selected acts will be notified by the 24th. To learn more, call (270) 824-8651.
See more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.