Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Hopkinsville HS Students Allege Discrimination Over LGBT Related Yearbook Quote
Wed July 16, 2014
Datebook: July 16 - Ginger Rogers' Birthday
The Jackson Purchase Historical Society holds a meeting and tours the historic Coca Cola bottling plant building in Paducah this Saturday. The meeting features a presentation about the building at 10:30 a.m. in Meeting Room A of Doctor's Office Building 2 at Baptist Health Paducah. The tour follows the meeting. Members of the public are welcome, and there is no charge for attendance.
Hotel Metropolitan in Paducah holds a fish fry this Friday morning at 11 and Saturday afternoon at 4:30. The meal includes plates, sandwiches, sweets, and Hotel Metropolitan tea. Call in orders at (270) 994-1783.
The Headquarters and Visitor Center for Tennessee National Wildlife Refuge celebrates its grand opening on Saturday. Members of the public are invited to tour the visitor center and exhibits, which focus on the area's wildlife resources and the mission of the refuge. The event runs from 10 to 4.