Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed July 16, 2014
Datebook: July 16 - Ginger Rogers' Birthday
The Jackson Purchase Historical Society holds a meeting and tours the historic Coca Cola bottling plant building in Paducah this Saturday. The meeting features a presentation about the building at 10:30 a.m. in Meeting Room A of Doctor's Office Building 2 at Baptist Health Paducah. The tour follows the meeting. Members of the public are welcome, and there is no charge for attendance.
Hotel Metropolitan in Paducah holds a fish fry this Friday morning at 11 and Saturday afternoon at 4:30. The meal includes plates, sandwiches, sweets, and Hotel Metropolitan tea. Call in orders at (270) 994-1783.
The Headquarters and Visitor Center for Tennessee National Wildlife Refuge celebrates its grand opening on Saturday. Members of the public are invited to tour the visitor center and exhibits, which focus on the area's wildlife resources and the mission of the refuge. The event runs from 10 to 4.