Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Mon July 15, 2013
Datebook: July 15 - NES Debuts in Japan 30 Years Ago
The 8-bit video game console Nintendo Entertainment System launched in Japan on this day in 1983. The Famicom (as it's called in Japan) was 14,800 yen ($63 dollars in 1983) and debuted with ports of Donkey Kong and Popeye. Two years later, it would release in the US with the iconic Super Mario Bros. (cue theme song).
It's Monday, July 15
Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area hosts an informational public meeting to discuss their road system tomorrow night at 5:30 at Lake Barkley State Resort Park Convention Center. The meeting helps establish what roads exist now, what is needed for access, and what is affordable in the future. For more information visit lbl.org and click on "Alerts and Notices."
The 2013 McCracken County Fair Talent Contest has been rescheduled for this Friday at 7PM at the South Paducah Kiwanis Club on South 6th Street in Paducah. The contest is open to performers ages 13 to adult. To sign up, contact Doug Arnold at (270) 331-1372.
Angels Attic Thrift Shop seeks donations of clothing, furniture, appliances, household items, and toys. Sale proceeds benefit the Angels Community Clinic. Bring donations to 972 Chestnut Street Monday through Saturday from 8 to 5.
See more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.