Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon July 15, 2013
Datebook: July 15 - NES Debuts in Japan 30 Years Ago
The 8-bit video game console Nintendo Entertainment System launched in Japan on this day in 1983. The Famicom (as it's called in Japan) was 14,800 yen ($63 dollars in 1983) and debuted with ports of Donkey Kong and Popeye. Two years later, it would release in the US with the iconic Super Mario Bros. (cue theme song).
It's Monday, July 15
Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area hosts an informational public meeting to discuss their road system tomorrow night at 5:30 at Lake Barkley State Resort Park Convention Center. The meeting helps establish what roads exist now, what is needed for access, and what is affordable in the future. For more information visit lbl.org and click on "Alerts and Notices."
The 2013 McCracken County Fair Talent Contest has been rescheduled for this Friday at 7PM at the South Paducah Kiwanis Club on South 6th Street in Paducah. The contest is open to performers ages 13 to adult. To sign up, contact Doug Arnold at (270) 331-1372.
Angels Attic Thrift Shop seeks donations of clothing, furniture, appliances, household items, and toys. Sale proceeds benefit the Angels Community Clinic. Bring donations to 972 Chestnut Street Monday through Saturday from 8 to 5.
See more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.