Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
Fri July 12, 2013
Datebook: July 12 - Milton Berle Turns 105
Some called him "Uncle Miltie" others called him "Mr. Television." In the credits, his name was Milton Berle, host of NBC's Texaco Star Theater, and one of the first major American TV stars. He was a fixture of charity benefits, and guest appearances on SNL, on which he was later banned. Oh, that's funny!
It’s Friday, July 12
Bikes on Broadway is this Sunday in Paducah. The free event closes a stretch of Broadway to vehicles from 1-4PM, allowing participants to bring bicycles, skates, scooters, tricycles, strollers, running shoes, or walking shoes for an afternoon of safe fun. For more information, visit paducahky.gov.
The Homeplace at Land Between the Lakes hosts a program on 1850s Indoor Entertainment Saturday afternoon at 1. Learn about popular indoor and outdoor games played in the mid 19th century. The program is free with admission to the Homeplace. See other upcoming Land Between the Lakes events at lbl.org.
Court Appointed Special Advocates seeks volunteer advocates from the Murray-Calloway County area. Volunteers with the non-profit organization advocate for the timely and safe placement of abused and neglected children. Training is provided. To find out more about the application process, call (270) 761-0164.
Add your community events to the calendar at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.