Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed July 10, 2013
Datebook: July 10 - Death Valley Sets World Record for Highest Temperature 100 Years Ago
For much of the United States, this summer (and last) has been HOT, but not as hot as Death Valley on this day in 1913. The Weather Bureau recorded a temperature of 134 Fahrenheit (56.7 Celsius) - the highest ever recorded. Pardon me while I go stand with the freezer door open.
It’s Wednesday, July 10
Baptist Health Paducah offers a Safe Sitter Class Friday from 9 to 4. The class, for boys and girls ages 11 and up, focuses on how to handle emergencies with young children and is led by a Certified Safe Sitter instructor. The cost is $30, which includes lunch and supplies. Pre-register by calling 270-575-8444.
Angels Attic Thrift Shop seeks donations of clothing, furniture, appliances, household items, and toys. Sale proceeds benefit the Angels Community Clinic. Bring donations to 972 Chestnut Street Monday through Saturday from 8 to 5.
The Kentucky Arts Council is accepting applications through August 15 from painters, photographers, printmakers, and craftspeople interested in participating in the Kentucky Crafted Program, the only state-supported marketing program for professional artists. For more information, call -502-564-3757, extension 473.
Find more community event details at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.